November is National Adoption Awareness Month
The following adoption education resources are available upon request:
1. (free) Pre-recorded 1 hour training on How and When to Talk About Adoption for Pregnancy Resource Centers
Presenters include a former pregnancy center director, a current pregancy center employee, and a birth mom.
2. (free) Pre-recorded 1 hour training How to Talk with Women About the Option of Adoption
Presenters include Stacy Knox, Program Director of Spirit of Faith Adoptions and
Jennifer Mae, Birth Mother and Author of Fireweed
Spirit of Faith Adoptions is an approved CEU provider for the Ohio Social Worker, Counselor and Marriage and Family Therapist Board, # RCS111501 Each course is 1 CEU credit hour and the cost is $10 per participant. **The course on 11/22/19 has been approved for 1.0 contact hour by the Ohio Board of Nursing through the approver unit atthe Ohio League for Nursing (OBN-006-92)
3. 11/22/19 **Implementing a Nursing Care Plan for Adoption
To register for courses #3 and/or #4, click here: https://www.spiritoffaithadoptions.org/adoption-education-opportunities
To schedule **Implementing a Nursing Care Plan for Adoption for a group at your facility, please contact Jennifer at 419-843-5355 ext 2.
4. (free) 11/19/19: Orientation to Open Adoption 7:00-8:00 pm EST (presented live via Zoom.com)
**If you are interested in learning about Open Adoption and are unable to attend the live Orientation meeting, a previously live (recorded) meeting is available upon request.
5. 11/17/19: Adoption Awareness Event for parents interested in learning about adoption will be held at Cuyahoga Valley Church in Broadview Heights, Ohio Come meet Jennifer of Spirit of Faith Adoptions beginning at 12:30pm.
6. Just released: Fireweed, Jennifer Mae's choice of adoption for her baby is captured in this life-affirming, beautiful true story.